Thursday, January 8, 2009

some "so called" expert

A few days ago, there's a Chinese guy sending me a friend request on facebook. After confirmed him as my friend, he started browsing my profile and got my hotmail contact from there. Honestly i didn't browse through his profile yet after approved his friend request because most of the times i don't even care to browse a stranger's profile who come to know me from friends finder website except my real life or long lost friends.

At msn, he started by saying "wowow, i was so surprise because it's so rare to see a gorgeous and pretty gal like you who's so interested in politics" I am a fan of Lim Kit Siang in facebook and he got to find me inside the fan list. He said not so many girls that he knows are interesting in politics and some of them don't even know a little general knowledge about politics. What i want to say at here is he was blabbing on what he knows about politics. Everything he said was about Malaysia's current political issues. Started from UMNO to DAP to MCA then PR, it really made my eyelids began to drop and this seems like he was a self declared political scientist.

He asked me which party i choose to be a member and i told him neither. Then he said "that's the biggest fault among Malaysian Chinese , they have the same thinking like you, don't want to get involve into politics but still want to complain about government. At least you choose a party, like me. Recently i had submit my form to DAP and i hope that they will give me a feedback." It also seems like he's boasting about his capability to contribute something to Chinese community. For me, he thinks that he's an expert in political field. Oh please... I wonder why nowadays there's some peoples trying to be 21st century Plato and Aristotle. It doesn't mean those whoever concern about current issues and always catch up with media can be a political scientist. Perhaps they should follow the steps of Nicollo Machiavelli by achieving some masterpiece or develop any suitable principle to apply in political administation.

After the balderdash session, he asked me about my major, i told him that i studied "diplomacy and international relations" and guess what he said??? I nearly fainted by his stupid question. He said "what is that? Oh ya, i know it! It's about marketing stuffs right?" What a dumb ass!! A "so called" politics expert... And i blocked and deleted him. Phew!!

No comments: