Thursday, November 20, 2008

Strength of pride

As usual, while catching up with CNN news I signed in to my MSN. An old friend came to greet me. We had a long and nice chat. Suddenly, she asked about my personal life regarding about my relationship matter. I stated that i am still "single but not available" (cos' my mind was oredi engaged with someone). Then she started with "want me to introduce a leng chai (handsome lad in chinese) to you?" so i told her "hey, sorry la i am not into that" come on, i hate when peoples told me that. Once my aunts told me that they're going to introduce a "nice guy" to me. At that time i was on my way to smash the table..Oh sh!t

Ok back to the ignorant gal, "really don't want meh leng chai lo, my bf's friend" and i replied "not interested k?" "i know la, u prefer an english educated background guy is it? i very hate the Bananas lo (banana is the way we describe those english educated background people), they are so open minded, can touch here touch there with any gals and after that they are goin to end up with you on the bed!" DAMN IRRITATING when i saw the sentences.."what made you think like these huh? are you prejudice against those english edu's? what's wrong with an english educated background guy? this is not the right way to judge and also you can't presume every english educated person is same." And she goes by "you said only ma, maybe you already in love with one of them ma, that's why you're blind, you see his everthing as good" "ok, i am not interested with your leng chai k? and i dont want to pick up any arguement with you. For your info, i need someone who has same thinking with me. I can't simply look for AH BENG type guy k?" "oh you're pissing down on people. My bf is only a farmer but i really love him, education background is not a barriers for love"

My anger rose even more when i heard she told me that..123 ok calm down Ee Lyn, i told myself. No point to argue with such an ignorant gal. "i think one day u'll lose yourself ee lyn if u're hard headed" she can't simply made a judgement without seeing and understanding me... maybe i should say that we have different thinking. For me, i prefer someone who understand me and could share my problem with him. Mutually acceptable and understanding is crucial in relationship. And don't tell me that any typical Ah Beng could clarify and understand what a graduate student think and what's her demand. Somehow i am so stress enough recently and don't try to make me mad...

Her words are not going to bring me down and i understand myself more than anyone..i could define and evaluate the good, the ugly and the bad. It doesn't matter i am single now cos' i was blessed with 95 % of courages and being able to stand with my own foot. I am bless with a loving mum who always want the best for me and some dearest friends who'll always be there for me. At last for "you" out there, i just want to say "glad that u're around me, always :)"

No comments: