Sunday, April 26, 2009

Too much pride, sir?

I couldn't believe that after we didn't keep contact with each other for half year, he suddenly text me again on yesterday morning. Now, it seems like I am going to get a headache again. I still remember the first time i met him. It was so annoying and you don't even have a chance to express anything you want furthermore you need an earphone with you. Since the first conversation, I could feel this guy is pompous.

He kept showing off his military background to us. He was proud with his rank, a Captain (exactly it's not Navy). Yea, everyone know that a Captain rank is just a middle officer in military service (except Navy) but it is so rare to see Chinese involve in military sector in Malaysia especially for officers. I know that you're a military officer but there's no point to keep mention about your "status" right? Glory is not a conceit and only the humble one is the most succesful person. Being haughty could makes one fall at the end even he/she might be a winner at the beginning.

This time he show off his rescue diver license. He is under trainning for an advance military course (I already forget what is the course) since last year. Scuba diving is one of the modules in the course and it's compulsory to pass every level of scuba diving. He began to learn as a dummy in scuba diving field and get a license of open water diver then advance open water and now a rescue diver. I started to dive before him and until now I just get my advance open water license and I dive as my hobby and sport. I didn't mean to compete with anyone. At first, I gave my best wish to him as a friend but now he seems to be over assertive. I could feel the sarcasm through his messages and now i start to ignore some of the messages unless he got some important things to tell me. ARGH! Here comes his message again and I am so sick to read it. Well sir, don't you think that too much pride will become a barrier to you to mix around with everyone?

No comments: